All Blog posts >>

Travelling Overseas

You generally cease being a tax resident when you have left the country for more than 325 days and no longer have a permanent place of abode. If you remain a NZ tax resident whilst working overseas, make sure you keep your payslips or summary of earnings as the overseas income, as well as the tax already paid on it, will need to be included in your NZ return. Tip: To find out whether you will remain as a tax resident complete an IR886 form.

Recent Tax Refunds

David from Whangarei got a tax refund of $227.97 5 minutes ago
Shireen from Auckland got a tax refund of $120.7 13 minutes ago
Daisy from Auckland got a tax refund of $65.62 17 minutes ago
Nathan from Dunedin got a tax refund of $277.14 28 minutes ago
Contact Us
(04) 499 1101
  • Address: Level 2 | 86 Victoria Street | Wellington 6011 | New Zealand
  • Postal: PO Box 24 217 | Manners Street | Wellington 6142 | New Zealand
Verify Kiwi Personal Tax is 100% Kiwi protected       ©  Kiwi Financial Services

Kiwi Personal Tax is a New Zealand tax agent, certified for e-filing by the Inland Revenue Department (IRD).