All Blog posts >>

Renting out your house, a room, a caravan or a sleepout?

If you get money from renting out your house, a room, a caravan or a sleep-out for any time at all - it's income. This means you must file a tax return as you may have tax to pay - you may even get a refund. It depends on your other income (e.g salary or wages) and how much tax you've paid in the year. Getting your taxes right is easy. Here’s what you need to know: you must include the income on an Individual tax return (IR3). This can be filed online - for most people it’s due 7 July you can claim expenses for the time you rented out the space - such as rates, insurance, cleaning and advertising keep clear records to confirm all income and expenses.

Recent Tax Refunds

Emma from Auckland got a tax refund of $59.66 5 minutes ago
Kim from Auckland got a tax refund of $121.82 13 minutes ago
Denise from Takanini got a tax refund of $162.3 17 minutes ago
Josaia from Rotorua got a tax refund of $154.19 28 minutes ago
Contact Us
(04) 499 1101
  • Address: Level 2 | 86 Victoria Street | Wellington 6011 | New Zealand
  • Postal: PO Box 24 217 | Manners Street | Wellington 6142 | New Zealand
Verify Kiwi Tax Refund is 100% Kiwi protected      © Kiwi Tax Refund

Kiwi Tax Refund is a New Zealand tax agent, certified for e-filing by the Inland Revenue Department (IRD).